Sunday, April 1, 2007

Required Reading; Week 4

This weeks readings were very good. My favorite was the readings on our own David Lane. Incredible story. Dodie Bellamy was a great writer and kept my attention the whole time. It was very "story" like and I felt like I was there. I found it very interesting that Lane would continue to study and try to prove false writings, even to the end. Even though Lane said he's doesn't know what religion he is, his drive to find truth was very refreshing and honest.

I think we should always have that same approach to any, and even, our own religions. Then we would understand them more and even believe in them more strongly. You can never know ANY religion fully and completely. There are always new interpretations on scriptures and counsels. As we live our lives and go through different experiences, the interpretations of scriptures or other studies will affect us differently. We should always continue to study and never think we know it all or even enough. Religion and beliefs should be living with us and always treated with humbleness and respect. All religions and beliefs. I think Lane does a great job at doing just that. He has a great respect for beliefs and is just trying to find truths like the rest of us.

No comments: