Sunday, April 1, 2007

Critical Thinking Films; Week 4

These films were very interesting. The films about Sathya Sai Baba and his "miraculous" hand were interesting, but not sure what it was about. I think it needed sound, or to see it in fast motion. What I got out of it was the idea that someone whom we trust and think is a "higher" leader and we look to for answers, can have ways to trick us into believing them. We think he is of God and then when we slow down and think about the miracles, and the trick is seen. The people of the audience, who looked like believers and followers of him, were so convinced by his miracles of producing things, they thought, were from God. It's sad to think they were fooled and tricked. It makes us think of the leaders we follow. I hope that I'm following a leader that (I'm sure we all hope) doesn't use tricks to fool us into believing them. I try to use my own sense of the spirit to judge for my own beliefs and my beliefs in my leaders.

The films on THAKAR SINGH were very disturbing and made me very mad. To think that people actually follow such cults! I could not imagine sending my children to such a place. If my religion asked such things, even before I found out that they were molesting children or hurting them, I would question my faith and my leader. After I found out what they were doing behind closed doors, I would do everything in my power to shut them down. Children are so innocent and they believe everything their parents tell them. To think of them being subjected to such tortures is appalling! It makes me so angry and also sad for those poor children. The problems they will have as adults, I can only imagine. Children are so sacred in the eyes of God, it says so repeatedly in the scriptures. "Be like unto a child," or the scriptures that talk about Jesus taking the children into his arms and saying, "Bless the children," and so many more. Why would he want such things for His children? That is just horrible! The parents and followers of that cult should be afraid of their destiny with God. I wouldn't want to be there on their judgment day!

No comments: