Sunday, April 15, 2007

James Watson; Week 6

I found this video very informative. I loved hearing his insight on his own passions; DNA. What an amazing man to have such an insight to something so complex, and at such a young age too. When I was 23, I was having a baby, not developing something that would change the world and it's views on everything. To be able to think so deeply is so amazing to me.

One of the many things he said, that stuck out to me the most, was "never be the brightest person in the room, because then no one can help you." That was great. Here is a man who has helped us in understanding "creation" of living things, and he tells us to ask for help. He gave a lot of credit to those that he worked with, which shows a very humble man. There is not one thing developed without many people involved. Teachers, parents, friends, leaders. All things around us influence our lives. And here is a great man who made sure he mentioned those who helped too. He didn't take all the credit.

I really enjoyed his speech. He was funny, which kept things light, and yet he gave so much information. I really enjoyed the things he said. I would have loved to be there for that seminar. I guess I don't have to worry about being the brightest person in the room, I'm always asking questions. The more things you ask, the more you learn and then the more you KNOW.

No comments: