Monday, March 26, 2007

Secret of Faqir and Nicholas of Cusa

First, the "Nicholas of Cusa" video was crazy. I never fully understood the whole boat thing. Not sure it had any "real" meaning. It's like those art pieces in a gallery, that you would swear was made just so people would ask questions, no real meaning behind it. Maybe I'll watch it again, and I'll understand more. ha ha.

The "Secret of Faqir" was well done. I didn't agree with it though. (I seem to not agree with a lot of the videos. Stubborn in my own ways, I guess.) I thought the idea, "Your real helper is your own self and your own faith," was a good thought. I do agree with that. We are accountable for our own selves and we should be concerned about our own futures, and not judge others. But the next statement I didn't agree with, "You are badly mistaken and believe that somebody without to help you." I think that there is a higher being that guides and directs us. That's what makes us accountable for our own actions, knowing there will be a judgment for them. To say there is no one out there to help us or judge us seems to be a thing to say when you're hoping you won't be accountable for your own actions. It makes me question what they don't want to be judged on. (hum?) This video seemed to be (to me) correct in giving ourselves our own accountability, but wrong (again, to me) to say we have no higher accountability. If that were true, then why punish prisoners, if not to make them accountable for their actions. Isn't that exactly why we do what's right or follow laws and rules, if not to be judged "well" in the next life?

No comments: