Sunday, March 11, 2007

Critical Thinking Films

I found the arguments of the speakers very interesting. I liked hearing the points of view of all the speakers. What I didn't like, was how intense those who were opposed to the "religious" theories were. They were very harsh on those that believe in a "higher" being. Being a religious person myself, I found their theories wrong. I don't believe in God because I have proved it, but because I have faith and have felt a spirit testify to me of the truths. That can never be proved with experiments or tests, and they seemed to have a hard time with that thought. They seemed to want to PROVE everything and not excepts things with faith. You can't prove religion to be true, but you can look at evidence and suspect that it might have some truths. A lot of religion has been taught down through generations and through journals and other people's testimonies. We can't prove those to be wrong or right.

I did like when, I think it was Russell, said that "science is no enemy to religion." Religious people can except science, but scientist have a hard time excepting religion and feel they have to "challenge" those that don't believe in the science side of evolution. There will always be those that have to try to change all the religious believers. To change their ways of thinking, but that argument will never end or be determined which is right, at least through theories and science, until the end of the world and we all watch to see who's right. (I think it's the religion. ha ha)

No comments: