Monday, March 26, 2007

Assigned Readings; Week 3

The assigned readings were interesting. I really loved reading about the "pretext/text/context" ideas. I am very "math brain," and trying to figure out the puzzle of the alphabet was fun for me to think about. The idea that it's not letters, but tiny dots forming the letters was a cool concept. I found the first 2 reading assignments interesting. The others were a little harder for me to follow, but that might have to do that after reading the first 2, my mind was still trying to figure out the alphabet theory. I think that drew most of my attention.

The reading about the "Tibetan Book of the Dead,” I found it crazy to think of having that much free time to meditate. "Faqir left a detailed account of his some seventy plus years of meditation (ranging from 3 to 12 hours daily) which led up to his enlightenment." That's some serious meditation. Sometimes I think that kind of serenity and peace might make me a better mom. But then I just remember the book "5 Minutes Peace" and that sums up the life of a stay home mom. For you mom's out there, a great children's book to make you laugh and sympathize. ha ha.

I, too, think about what it's going to be like when I die. What really will happen and have I really followed the right paths. But, not knowing those answers makes life (to me) exciting. I love not knowing when or how I will die, or what awaits me. I live my life the fullest now, and make the best choices I can. I am a good example (hopefully) to my daughters and hope that I've taught them well. I think if we worry about death or think of it too much, it can consume us and take over "life." It's best to live and learn, then wait and lose out on our best years of our lives.

No comments: