Sunday, March 11, 2007

Expert Lectures

I really found Richard Feynman's interview the MOST interesting. I have a lot of the same
views to thinking. As a child I was curious how our little TV worked, so I took it apart and
saw how the inside looked and how the cables ran, etc. I then learned how to put it back,
when my parents freaked and I got into some trouble. But I have always learned from
figuring it out. My husband calls me a skeptic, but I like thinking of it as Feynman did. I
was just learning about things instead of excepting what other people told me. I have 3
daughters and I love how Feynman's father taught him. It was such a great way to teach.
Not just "because" answers, but teaching ABOUT the bird or other things. My oldest
daughter has always asked questions like this and I hope I have taught her as well as
Feynman's father did. I love that he encouraged the expanded thinking and not just telling
him, "it's a ...thrush."

Bertrand Russell was also an interesting interview. Although a little hard to understand
him, I think his main idea was good. I think, as others have stated also, that you can't
have a true "clear thinking," because you have been influenced by those things and people
around you, whether you know it or not. You can have your own opinions and ideas, but
they are influenced by your life lessons and experiences.

The Karma video was very odd, but very creative. It gave a good view on Karma. I don't
believe we can predict Karma, but we can, after the event occured, see the patterns and
see how a situation could have related to Karma. I do believe that "what goes around,
comes around," but unfortunately, we don't always get to see the results. Such as the
bullies in school or others who may have hurt you, or even who you may have hurt. But
this video did, without any words, (aside from lip reading) show how some perceive
Karma.

No comments: